Advocacy, Documentation and Capacity Building Officer
Centre for Disability in Development (CDD)
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- CDD is implementing a Project named `Putting Persons with Disabilities at the Centre of Humanitarian Preparedness and Response`. The project key activities of the response consist of (1) Training and mentoring for national governmental and civil society actors on the implementation of inclusive humanitarian assistance and disaster risk reduction, (2) Strengthening the capacities of self-advocacy organizations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) in the field of humanitarian aid and disaster risk reduction as well as self-advocacy, (3) Collection and analysis of disaggregated data on disability in disaster-prone regions and integration of data analysis into local early warning systems and disaster plans, (4) Participatory development and establishment of inclusive feedback and complaint mechanisms, and (5) Strengthening the capacity of OPDs to act as humanitarian first responders and piloting in concrete humanitarian contexts.
- Designing, planning, documenting and implementing advocacy strategy and campaigns
- Facilitate the development of joint advocacy strategies with associated networks, partners and others;
- Organize events, meetings and campaigns to ensure that the advocacy plan is active and moving forwards
- Develop different kinds of quality documentations, stories considering project progress and positive changes in people's lives throughout the project implementation.
- Ensure the collecting, sharing and disseminating of the project experiences, learning and good practices both at the field and national level.
- Supporting to drafting proposals and concept notes as required
- Identify key opportunities in the short and long-term in which we can influence policy processes;
- Form networks with various stakeholders such as, Government, NGOs, private sector, development sector and donors to mobilize their support for sustainable development initiatives
- Supervise and assist field office in activities related to advocacy and lobbying with local government
- Provide capacity building and technical support on advocacy and documentation to the field staff and SHGs/OPDs
- Assist the field teams in the analysis of field data for documentation, decision and action
- Prepare need-based case study focusing on social inclusion, economic & political empowerment for women with disabilities
- Find out opportunities as well as challenges in promoting social and economic empowerment at the local level and provide technical advice to field staff.
- Support to team members for any additional reporting and documentation
- Ensure safeguarding of women, children and Adult-most-at-risk
- Conduct training needs assessment and writes TNA report.
- Prepare and coordinate training courses as per the annual training plan. Manage, arrange and implement training agenda and training event.
- Identify and communicate with interested groups, communities and stakeholders.
- Keep training database up to mark and provide a monthly report to the project manager.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by CDD
- Work at office
- Masters degree in any discipline
- Skills Required: Able to work under pressure,Analytical ability,communication and interpersonal skill.,Communiction skill in English,Disability Inclusion
- 5 to 7 year(s)
- Age 28 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Experience and achievements working in and advocating towards multi-stakeholder platforms and processes;
- Knowledge of policy and policy-making process at local and national level;
- Experience working with local decision-makers and knowledge of the local service delivery systems impacting person with disabilities and their families;
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communication products in a clear, concise style;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of audiences, including community advocates, service providers, members of the public and local officials;
- Experience on DRR, CCA and Humanitarian Response
- Understanding on Humanitarian Cluster System
- Ability to analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources;
- Knowledge of working with SHGs and local government;
- Knowledge of different aspects of public information and communication;
- Ability to work with diverse people, communities, and cultures, with an understanding of cultural awareness practices;
- Good interpersonal skills and vocal to deal with colleagues in the organization and audiences/stakeholders
- Understanding on disability,
- Experience on physical in-person & online training conduction and documentation
- Strong analytical, presentation and writing skills in Bangla and English;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), web-based communications, social media, etc.
- Knowledge on Disability, Advocacy, Documentation and Capacity Building
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Team working ability
- Report writing and presentation skills
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Tk. 48000 - 50000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Pro-rata basis festival bonus
Published on: 4 May 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 5 to 7 year(s)
Gender: Both males and females are allowed to apply
Age: Age 28 to 40 years
Job Location: Dhaka (Savar)
Salary: Tk. 48000 - 50000 (Monthly)
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021
Courses from Bdjobs TrainingOnline Payment is Now Smarter, Easier, Safer
Read Before Apply
CDD respects rights and dignity of all human beings including children, women, older persons, all sex, indigenous community and persons with disabilities. CDD complies with its child and adult at risk policy and code of conduct. All staff of CDD must sign and adhere to this code of conduct.CDD encourages persons with disabilities meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph.- The cover letter should include key competencies of the candidate for this position
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline : 14 May 2021